5 UX Tips to Boost SEO Ranking and Achieve Better Results
According to Andrey Lipattsev, Google’s Search Quality Senior Strategist, the important factors for site ranking depends on content, links and RankBrain. Links have a great impact on the search rankings of sites and Google has been emphasizing on the importance of producing quality content. So, what is RankBrain about? Unlike links and content, RankBrain has been influenced due to behavior metrics that denote users find a useful website. Such behavior metrics are highly influenced by site’s usability or user experience.
Let us discuss about 5 UX tips that will provide additional benefit to SEO.
1. Check mobile compatibility of your website – The biggest search engine, Google pays great attention to mobile compatibility of sites. SEO experts are very much aware about mobilegeddon and mobile-first indexing. In other words, the use of search engine mostly comes from mobile devices and Google has started indexing mobile version of websites first.
Thus, if you do not have a mobile-friendly site or if mobile version of your site has not been properly optimized, then you might end up losing half of search traffic.
Check out some tips to ensure your site is mobile-friendly:
- Responsive design creates mobile version of your site or caters to mobile devices that has been redirected properly for mobile users.
- Content should be consistent on desktop and mobile site.
- All content formats used on mobile site need to be crawled and then indexed.
- Metadata has to be consistent across desktop and mobile version of your website.
- Sitemap is accessible on mobile websites.
2. Optimize speed of your site – According to the research, one second delay in the loading time of website may lessen rate of conversions by 7% and almost 40% people will not click on a site that requires more time for loading. In simple words, people do not like to browse through slow sites and this is why Google works in improving page speed as ranking factor.
Though Google considers website speed as an important factor for ranking desktop websites, it started using site speed as ranking factor for the mobile websites.
You can enable your site to load faster by:
- Using a CDN
- Enable caching
- Compress images
- Delete unnecessary plugins and scripts
- Combine background images into CSS sprites
3. Optimize the architecture of your site – Experts who provide SEO services in London have said, you will have to optimise site architecture so that it is search engine friendly and can be used easily. It is important to pay heed to navigation bar for noticing certain things such as:
- Navigation links should be descriptive so that people understand what they can get through them.
- People are given links for all key pages so that they do not spend time to find what they want.
- Proper site architecture allows people to know where they want to go with just fewer clicks.
The presentation and format of navigation links should be consistent along with description and link structure.
A good site structure will make your website easily accessible to visitors thus, enabling search engines to crawl your site but you will possible be rewarded through site links.
4. Choose breadcrumbs navigation – A breadcrumb is said to be secondary navigation system which allows users to find out where they have been on your site and trace their way out. Other than this, breadcrumbs will make it easy for the users to navigate through your site and Google to check how your website has been structured while improving site’s index-ability.
5. Improve the readability of content – When it is about S.E.O, we mainly focus on technical features of UX though content also has an important role in UX for Google and other search engines. Add the following tweaks in your content so that
- Content has been formatted properly.
- Use sub-headings, numberings and bullets to make the content easily accessible for readers.
- Do not write long sentences and make short paragraphs only throughout the content.
- Work on the spelling, grammar and structure of the content.
- Spice up content with multimedia and other visuals.
According to DubSEO experts, though good UX can provide an edge for SEO, it will actually do more by ensuring that users browse through your site while guaranteeing some improvement in Return on Investment and rate of conversion.