1) Tell me about yourself.
Summary of your work related qualifications. Prepare a 1-Minute personal commercial with an overview of work you have done, your academic degree, and skills related to the job requirements.
2) What are your salary requirements?
“I don’t know enough about the job yet to respond. I’m sure you pay a competitive salary and I’m flexible. What is the range you’ve budgeted for this position?”
3) What are your greatest strengths?
Concrete tangible job skills and actual stories and examples of how you have used those skills.
4) What are your weaknesses?
Cite a trait that may have been a challenge in the past but which you have worked to overcome.
5) What are your career goals?
“I’d like to become increasingly valuable to your firm by consistently exceeding the performance standards and continually learning new skills”.
6) What did you like most about your last position?
Tie the answer into the company’s needs and show your initiative and outstanding performance.
7) What did you like least about your last position?
“Though I liked most of the aspects of the job and company, the one limitation was lack of growth opportunities.”
8) How quickly do you think you will be ready to contribute to our firm?
“I believe I can contribute almost immediately. In past positions, I’ve had to learn a lot in a short time and did quite well. For example…”
9) Why did you leave your last position?
“The Company reorganized and my position along with a number of others was eliminated.” “I had achieved as much as I could within that company and felt the need to seek another job to continue to grow.”
10) Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?
Strut your stuff! Summarize the answers you’ve given to their questions as they relate to the job requirements in a concise 1-2 minutes’ response.
Hope this is helpful!